Garage door seals are weatherstripping materials that are installed around the perimeter of a garage door to help prevent drafts, pests, and moisture from entering the garage. They come in a variety of materials, including rubber, vinyl, and foam, and are available in a variety of styles, including bottom seals, top seals, and side seals.
Bottom seals are the most common type of garage door seal. They are installed along the bottom edge of the door and help to seal out drafts and pests. Bottom seals are typically made of rubber or vinyl and are available in a variety of profiles, including U-shaped, O-shaped, and bulb-shaped.
Top seals are installed along the top edge of the door and help to prevent moisture from entering the garage. They are typically made of foam or weatherstripping tape and are available in a variety of widths.
Side seals are installed along the sides of the door and help to seal out drafts and pests. They are typically made of rubber or vinyl and are available in a variety of profiles, including J-shaped, L-shaped, and Z-shaped.
In addition to these three basic types, there are also a variety of specialty garage door seals available, such as:
- Threshold seals are installed at the bottom of the door opening and help to seal out moisture and dirt.
- Weatherstripping tape is a thin, flexible tape that can be used to seal any gaps around the door.
- Magnetic seals are made of two pieces of magnetized material that attract each other, creating a tight seal.
Garage door seals are an important part of keeping your garage warm in the winter and cool in the summer. They can also help to prevent pests from entering your garage and damaging your belongings. If your garage door seals are damaged or missing, it is important to replace them as soon as possible.
Here are some tips for choosing the right garage door seals:
- Consider the climate in your area. If you live in a cold climate, you will need seals that are designed to keep out the cold. If you live in a hot climate, you will need seals that are designed to keep out the heat.
- Consider the type of garage door you have. Not all seals are compatible with all types of garage doors.
- Consider the budget. Garage door seals can range in price from a few dollars to several hundred dollars.
Once you have chosen the right garage door seals, it is important to install them properly. The installation instructions will vary depending on the type of seal you have chosen. However, most seals can be installed by following a few simple steps.
Here are some general tips for installing garage door seals:
- Make sure the surface is clean and dry before you start.
- Follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Use a level to make sure the seal is installed evenly.
- Press the seal firmly into place to ensure a good seal.
With proper installation, your garage door seals will help to keep your garage warm, cool, and pest-free for many years to come.